News Crackers- 9 March 2016
- The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and UNICEF have jointly launched the Global Programme to Accelerate Action to End Child Marriage.
- On International Women’s Day, ICICI Bank has launched [email protected] initiative that allows women employees to work from home for up to a year. This initiative allows women employees to work from home in a safe and secure manner, creating a seamless office-like environment.
- Exercise FORCE 18, the largest ground forces multinational field training exercise on Humanitarian Mine Action and Peacekeeping Operations has concluded in Pune. The multilateral military exercise was conducted between the Indian Army and Armies of ASEAN Plus countries.
- CMD of Mahindra & Mahindra Group Anand Mahindra has been conferred with the France’s Knight of the Legion of Honour.
- Indian Railways have appointed Ernst & Young (EY) as a consultant to discover the advertising potential in trains and railway stations. The move aims at enhancing revenue through non-fare box route.
- Combat operation of Meghalaya police, 'Hillstorm 3' has been extended by three months. Operation Hillstorm-3 was launched by Meghalaya Police on 24 February 2016 in the Garo Hills and West Khasi Hills districts to counter insurgents.
- The first Maritime India Summit 2016 will be held in April 2016 in Mumbai. 57 countries are going to take part in the summit.
- Parliament has passed Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 to establish Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). The Bill replaces the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986. The bill establishes BIS as a national standard body for development of standardization and assessment and quality assurance of goods, articles, services, processes and systems.
- Karnataka government has launched Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to provide free medical treatment to road accident victims for the first 48 hours in the nearest government or private hospital.
Recent News Crackers
Aadhaar (Target Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 was...
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and UNICEF have jointly launched the Global Programme...
8th March is observed as International Women’s Day across the globe. 2016 theme declared by United...
Union Government has launched an online marketing platform Mahila E-HAAT to facilitate women...