Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched “Mahila e-Haat”, an online marketing platform for women. Mahila e-Haat is a unique online platform where participants can display their products. It is an initiative for women across the country as a part of ‘Digital India’ and ‘Stand Up India’ initiatives.
Key facts about the Mahila e-Haat
- It will provide access to markets to thousands of women who make products and are spread all over the country but have little access to markets.
- This unique e-platform will strengthen the socio-economic empowerment of women as it will mobilize and provide better avenues to them. More than 10000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and 1.25 Lakh women beneficiaries would be benefited from the day of launch of the site itself.
Mahila e-Haat is a Joint initiative of Ministry of Women and Child Development Ministry and Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK).
- The entire business of e-Haat can be handled through mobile phone. The product, along with photograph description, cost and mobile no./address of the participants will be displayed on the e-Haat enabling direct contact between sellers/service providers and buyers.
- It will help women to make financial and economic choices which will enable them to be a part of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Stand Up India’ initiatives.
RMK is a single window facilitator for provision of financial services with backward and forward linkages for women in the unorganized sector through Intermediary Micro Finance Organizations (IMOs) and Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) and to augment their capacities through multi-pronged efforts.
- Empowerment of women will take place in three stages in which Mahila E-Haat is the first stage. In the second stage, it is planned to integrate it with e-commerce portals to provide a larger platform for selling and buying. Ultimately it will culminate into Women’s Entrepreneurs Council which will help to expand this initiative further and give it an institutional shape.